Total Topics: 98
Most Online Today: 5
Most Online Ever: 520
(December 29, 2022, 07:54:25 AM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 2
Total: 2

Author Topic: The Weight of History  (Read 3031 times)

martin@

• Site Admin
  • Writer
The Weight of History
« on: December 07, 2019, 09:40:31 PM »
Those of us who are students of history (A level Grade C I think – I’ll have to ask my mum to look at the back of her cupboards to find the certificates) know that great events usually have their origins in happenings from many years before, sometimes which don’t seem important at the time. Word War Two, for example, didn’t start because of what took place in September 1939, its roots could be traced back well into the nineteenth century. In the same way, I think that the problems Villa have been encountering go back further than the day Martin O’Neill walked out. I think an equally significant date in our subsequent decline was 27th September 2008.

To understand what was so important about this, cast your mind back to the summer of 2006, and the arrival of Randy Lerner together with a plethora of American-based businessmen and ideas. After giving the rest of the Premier League a 14 year start in how to run a club properly, the idea was that Villa would get a taste of proper American marketing. Joining R

Adverts

Adverts

Adverts