Total Topics: 98
Most Online Today: 5
Most Online Ever: 520
(December 29, 2022, 07:54:25 AM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 2
Total: 2

Author Topic: The Lance Armstrong of the Premier League  (Read 3419 times)

martin@

• Site Admin
  • Writer
The Lance Armstrong of the Premier League
« on: December 07, 2019, 09:41:48 PM »
I found it impossible to feel any sympathy for Manchester City fans having to pay £62 to attend the recent game at Arsenal. Their club, along with Chelsea, are one of the principal reasons why we all have to pay exorbitant ticket prices. When you have a mega-rich owner, who is prepared to give his manager unlimited transfer funds, other clubs are bound to try to counter this huge advantage by screwing supporters for every penny they can. Not that moving to a new stadium or a vast hike in ticket prices has done Arsenal much good. After nearly seven years in their new home they have yet to adorn it with a major trophy.

Gooners may hate to admit it, but their club is now closer to Villa than to either Manchester City or Chelsea. While we were unable to prevent Gareth Barry or James Milner relocating to Manchester, Arsenal were also powerless to stop Emmanuel Adebayor and Samir Nasri doing the same. I do not recall any City fans complaining about the unfairness of this. I was delighted to hear that Ashley Cole has signed a one year contract extension at Chelsea, worth a reputed £200,000 a week. Gone were the dark days when, as he revealed in his autobiography, his previous club, Arsenal, hung him out to dry by offering him a paltry £50,000 a week, bless his underpaid heart. Having been Cole’s deputy at the last World Cup in South Africa, the mind boggles at what Stephen Warnock must be on. No wonder Paul Lambert was so desperate to offload him.

Warnock’s last appearance for Villa was the final fixture of the 2011-12 season against Norwich at Carrow Road. While the m

Adverts

Adverts

Adverts