Total Topics: 98
Most Online Today: 5
Most Online Ever: 520
(December 29, 2022, 07:54:25 AM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 2
Total: 2

Author Topic: How did it come to this?  (Read 4378 times)

martin@

• Site Admin
  • Writer
How did it come to this?
« on: December 07, 2019, 09:50:10 PM »
The title says it all. That is how I feel at the moment. Firstly though, apologies for my ramblings in the last issue. They were the incoherent rants of a man who had finally flipped his lid after that defeat against Wigan. Since then I have gone past being angry. It’s now a mixture of irritation, wonderment at just how much further we can sink, bemusement at the lack of activity to arrest our woes and, saddest of all, utter numbness as the latest horror story unfolds.

I started writing this on the evening after the night before. That night being a frozen, snowclogged one where 40-odd thousand hardy souls braved treacherous conditions to watch our match with Bradford. “Come and roar on the boys to Wembley” the club were saying in the lead into the game. Well we did our bit. We packed the place out, gave it our all, risked broken limbs and hypothermia, and our reward was getting knocked out of the cup by a team three leagues below after treated a shambolic second half display.

I could wax lyrical about the full horror of our defending, the missed chances, the quality of the opposition and the tactics unti

Adverts

Adverts

Adverts