Total Topics: 98
Most Online Today: 5
Most Online Ever: 520
(December 29, 2022, 07:54:25 AM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 4
Total: 4

Author Topic: Credit where it isn't due  (Read 3114 times)

martin@

• Site Admin
  • Writer
Credit where it isn't due
« on: December 07, 2019, 09:37:29 PM »
Just to show that I’m not just an old bloke rambling on about days gone by, here are a few of my thoughts culled the morning after the victory that was a defeat at home to Bradford.Toaddinsult to injury I received a letter from MBNA saying that they are going to withdraw my credit card due to lack of use. This is an Aston Villa credit card acquired some years ago out of some (misguided) loyalty to our new man. It was intended mainly for use on Aston Villa purchases so the club would gain twice, therefore who is to blame for the “lack of use”? I

there will be no market left to share. Watching banks of empty seating on the Football League Show every Saturday evening has to make it one of the most depressing programmes on television - and it looks as though it will be coming soon to a ground near you. Watching the game again on TV the commentator said that he did not know whether our chairman was at the game. Imagine not knowing. You may scoff at Chris Buckley or Norman Smith for turning up on the bus in the old days but the one thing you knew for certain was that they were at the game. We all know of houses in our neighbourhood that are being let rather than owner-occupied and the resulting dilapidation that is there for all to see. It always starts with nobody cutting the lawn, something the absentee landlord doesn’t give a minute’s thought to, because it doesn

Adverts

Adverts

Adverts