Follow Us on...

Latest on H & V

Heroes Publishing

Author Topic: Winter of Discontent  (Read 368 times)

martin@

• Site Admin
  • Writer
Winter of Discontent
« on: December 07, 2019, 09:43:00 PM »
I was very tempted to simply write “WE’RE DOOMED!” and submit it with the request that it be printed in the biggest type possible. However, I decided that this would be lazy on my part and that you deserve more than two words from me for parting with your hardearned cash. Anyway, it might be a useful ruse for later in the season when relegation has been confirmed. Which at this rate may very well be before the deadline for the next issue.

Yes, that’s right; even generally optimistic and, at times, hopefully deluded old me has largely accepted that we’re going down. Like many others, I simply can’t see where the next point is coming from, let alone the 17 or 18 (at least) we need to stay up. You don’t need me to tell you what a bad few weeks it’s been; a run of results that makes it very difficult to imagine how we might get out of this mess. Certainly we’ve given ourselves a hell of a lot to do.

After the previous couple of seasons, I really wanted to believe in Lambert and buy into what he was trying to do with his young and hungry players. Like Paul himself I was naive in thinking that this would be good enough without a bit of experience in there as well. Clearly it isn’t enough so